Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Whole Day At Kyoto

After a day of "rest", Ange took me to Kyoto to see all the famous temples. The one below here is Kinkakuji or Gold Temple. This whole temple is coated with gold, hence its golden look. Can't even get near to scrape some home... hehe.
This is a place where you can make a wish and throw money into the bowl. Didn't waste my money here coz the Jap God wouldn't have understood what I meant.
Next we went to see Ginkakuji, or Silver Temple. The rooftops are all made of silver, but compared with Kinkakuji, this one looks more simple and rundown.
However, there were some interesting sand sculptures around this temple. Yeah, this HUGE thing was totally made out of sand.
Also interesting were the moss around the temple. They even had this sign here with a display of all the moss in the temple. Cute leh.......
Then Ange took me to see Kiyomizu Temple, where I had to CLIMB all the way up a steep street. Luckily there were plenty of things to see to distract me from the ardous task ! The climb was worth it though. The temple is really beautiful.
As we came down, we met some geishas. Not very pretty though.... but EVERYONE wanted to take photos with them.
We went to Kyoto Station and took photo of the Kyoto Tower, another KL-Tower thingy. To me, it looks like a donut on a stick, or an UFO that crashed down on a tower. Hehe..... not that our KL Tower looks any better lar......
Lastly we went to Gion for dinner. This is the old district of Gion, where there are many "okiya" that houses geishas.

Conclusion ? A well-spent day, but my poor poor poor poor legs were sending me signals that I overused them ! They decided to rebel and by the end of the days, I was almost crawling home instead of walking.

No comments: