Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Himeji & Tarumi

Went to Himeji the day after USJ. My legs were totally in pain with all the walking ! My God, the people in Japan can realllllllyyyy walk ! But I decided to ignore all the pain. I didn't pay for an expensive air ticket to sit at home !

So here I am, with Ange my niece, in a train on the way to Himeji. Yes. Change trains again here and there, until I blur.
It was a nice blue sky. Looked like a fake picture doesn't it ? It was also sunny. I didn't realize that I loved the sun so much. It made me warm. Haha. When I'm back in Malaysia, I'm going to complain about the sun again, but for now, I LOVE the sun.
This is the entrance to Himeji Castle. I was asking, how can all these people in the olden times walk up and up and up and up and up just to go see the king then ! Don't their legs ache ?
Beeeuuutiiifullll leh !
I was told that Himeji is even more beautiful in April, when all the sakuras are blooming. Guess what ? I actually had the luck to see ONE single tree blooming with sakura (cheery blossoms).
Close up of the sakura.
This is the view from the top of Himeji, which had 7 stories that I had to climb up. It nearly killed me ! And the steps were wooden, and steep, and also certain areas I had to bow down coz the beam was just too low.
After Himeji, I was taken to Tarumi, which is where I can take pictures of the strongest hanging steel bridge in the world.
This is the sunset view at Tarumi. We almost froze out there taking the pictures, coz it was SOOOO cold and the wind was blowing HARD. I thought I turned into an icicle.
Another tiring day in Japan, what with the late nites, early rise and all the walking walking walking.

No comments: