Saturday, March 3, 2007

MPH Warehouse SALE !

Received a call this morning from my niece, asking whether I wanna go to MPH's warehouse sale. I saw the notice in the papers on Thursday itself, but was reluctant to go, coz I know that when I step into the warehouse premise, I shall go crazy over the books. It's not like the first time it happened.

Anyway, after some deliberation ( I think about 0.01 second), I agreed to go. We reach there around 4pm in the evening as I had some errands to do before going. It was people mountain people sea (lotsa people lar....)

They had boxes ready for those who would like to buy lots of books. Initially, I didn't take any box coz I thought, "I already have lots of books at home, at most will only be buying like 2-3 books back, don't need a box."

Within 2 minutes of arriving, I already had a book in hand. It was Terry Brooks' 2nd book on Jerle Shannara's voyage, and the price of it was RM5 ONLY ! How could I resist ! After walking around for another 25 minutes, I thought I was safe, since I still had only one book in hand.

Unfortunately.......... 1 hour 30 minutes later, I had a box in my hands and combined with the books my nieces selected, it was FULL ! Anyhow, walked around some more and finally went to the cashier. I bought 10 books for RM150.00. Cheap right ?

Then, as we were walking out towards the car, my eyes strayed to a big book with the words "Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown - Special Illustrated Copy". I went to take a look, and I saw that it was a nice book with illustrations given on the places or statues or pictures mentioned in the book ! WOW ! And the price ? RM39 only ! Hard cover ! Nice beautiful glossy pages ! Best of all, there was also another one for Da Vinci Code ! In the end, I grabbed the two books, and went back to the counter again to make payment !

Now do you understand WHY I am afraid of going to book stores or warehouse sales ? It's only the beginning of the year, and I've already used up about 1/2 the income tax deduction for books. Sigh............

And Harry Potter's final book is coming this July ..........................................

No comments: