Sunday, September 30, 2007

Major Trouble - Part 5

18th September (afternoon)

FNAC was scheduled at 1pm in the afternoon whereas MRI scan was to be done at 5pm in the evening. So I drove to my sis’ house, and she accompanied me to do the FNAC.

The doctor asked me to lie on the bed and turn my head to the side so that he can poke the needle into me easily. All in all, I was made to endure 3 needles being poked into my face ! The first needle was not too painful, akin to being bitten by a little red ant. I heard the doctor said to the nurse, “Give me the black one”.

After withdrawing the needle, the contents were spread onto some specimen slides, which are then placed under the microscope for him to check whether he has enough sample for a biopsy.

However, he told me “We have to do this the 2nd time.” Then he told the nurse, “Give me the blue one”. This time, it was PAINFUL ! I told the doctor and he said it was because he retained the needle in my face slightly longer. Unfortunately, a 3rd time was required, and he used the “black” one again, which was not so painful. Luckily this time is the last one. My face was truly “blue-black” after the needles !

No comments: