Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Gardens, Mid Valley

Went to The Gardens, Mid Valley yesterday as I was on 1/2 day's leave. It was raining rather heavily when I left the office. After parking my car, I started to look for directions to The Gardens. I assumed that there will either be a bridge of some sort, or a tunnel that will lead me there.


Boy, was I wrong. Turns out that we were supposed to go to The Gardens through the Boulevard. Although they had canopies setup to shelter shoppers from the rain, they however can't stop the rain water from turning into huge puddles under the canopies. It was quite difficult to navigate through dry patches while avoiding other shoppers.


My first stop was the new Robinsons. They took up 3 floors in The Gardens. Quite nice, with a number of new brands available there. Looks pricey though.


As I exit Robinsons towards the centre of the mall, this is whata I see. Very nice lights on the ceiling there were quite a number of small "bridges" for shoppers to move between the left and right shops.

There are a few places where shoppers can sit and rest when they feel tired. The chairs have high backs and looked comfy.
Then I went to Marks & Spencer. Clothes there are slightly pricier, but are rather nice. Love the food section though. Was looking at all the available tea and coffee, and of course eyeing the biscuits and candy ! Didn't buy any though.

Isetan took up 4 floors, and also had some new brands as well. Outside the 4th floor of Isetan, I remember seeing a new Jap restaurant renovating and getting ready for business. Can't wait for it to open. May be expensive, but should probably try it once.
On the ground floor outside of Isetan, there is a nice cafe that I'd probably go next time to enjoy their coffee. Looks good eh....

No comments: