Sunday, September 30, 2007

Major Trouble - Part 7

26th September

This is the day that I’m supposed to collect my results of the FNAC from the Professor. Since UMSC opens only at 5pm, I took ½ day leave, and after having lunch with my colleagues, I went to Mid Valley by myself to kill time. The Gardens was opening on that day, with Isetan, Robinson and Marks & Spencer.

I left around 4pm and went to my sister’s place. She was accompanying me to collect the results. We reach there 5pm, and registered. But after waiting for an hour, we were still not called. Those who came later actually went in before we did. A check with the nurse revealed that they were hunting for my FNAC report.

Finally, they managed to locate the report, and the doctor said that 90 over percent it’s benign. He then asked me to go to UM again tomorrow morning at 9am to register under the Government sector and to get a date for the operation.

He also looked at the MRI scan and said that it was HUGE, one of the largest he had seen so far, but told me not to worry about it. My sister asked about the operation, and was told that I should expect to be warded for about 4 days, and after that I will have to rest for about 3 weeks.

Also, for the operation, they will be cutting from the neck under the ear, and run under the jawline to the chin. However, if necessary, they may also have to cut from the chin upwards to the lower lip, because it may be necessary for them to remove part of my jaw to take out the whole tumour.

Well, this means that I will become Scarface after the operation. Sigh…….

No comments: