Sunday, September 30, 2007

Major Trouble - Part 8

27th September

I woke up early in the morning, as if going to work. My mom accompanied me this time. I left the house around 7:30am and was caught in the jam towards Jalan Templer. However, traffic after that was a breeze and I reached UM around 8:15am.

So I took a number for registration and then had to pay before seeing the doctor. They must be afraid of patient not paying after visiting the doctors, but then again, there were so many rooms with so many patients and doctors, it would be rather hard for them to keep track of anything.

When my number was called, it was 9:15am, and I was sent to a young doctor. I told him that I was supposed to have an appointment with Professor Preba, then he asked me to wait again outside while he pass the file to the Professor.

After another 20 minutes, I was called into the Professor’s consultation room. He said that he wants some of his colleagues to take a look at me, and whether I’d mind. I told him I wouldn’t mind, thinking it’ll probably only be one or two doctors. He also told me not to say anything.

SIX doctors came into that small room ! They are all the Professor’s students, and one by one, they felt my face to try and see the “lump”. Boy, talk about being at the centre of attention !

Then one young lady was asked to do the diagnosis, and the Professor kept on asking her what she would do, what she thinks it is, etc etc etc. Most of what she answered was correct. How’d I know ? Aiyah, it was similar to what was written in the reports from the CT Scan, MRI Scan and FNAC mah…….

Anyway, I was the lab rat of the day, and I can see that all of them were so excited. Dunno whether I should feel happy or be concerned ! Finally, after some discussion with his students while I sat there dumbly, I was told to follow Dr. Victor, who will give me a date for my operation.

After flipping through the “Major Op” book, he only managed to slot me in on 21st December 2007 for the operation. I will have to be admitted on the 20th morning. Hopefully it will be a successful operation without any complications. Unfortunately, it means that my Christmas Eve will be in the hospital, but hopefully I can be discharged on Christmas Day itself.

Also, there goes my New Year and birthday celebrations…… Sigh….. And it will also be the “Tong” Festival on 22nd December, but I don’t think I’d be able to eat my favourite “tong yuen” yet…. SIIIIGGHHHHH……………..

No comments: