Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sore Petpet

I am down with food poisoning ! Dunno what I ate yesterday that gave me this problem, but boy, it was hard to bear ! My tummy started felling bloated yesterday around 9pm, and I thought it was because I overate, so I told mom to let me lie quietly in bed.

It was a restless night, and by 4am this morning, I had my first visit to the loo. Basically I had diarrhea and it was all "watery". Before I went to see the doctor at 9am in the morning, I had already visited the loo 4 times ! Not only that, I was also having a fever and was feeling nauseous.

The doctor confirms it is food poisoning and said that there was a lot of "wind" in my stomach. He said I should eat either toast bread, meehoon soup or porridge only. No tea, no coffee, no milo, no chillies, no fried stuff. But I am to drink 1.5l of 100 plus today and tomorrow. He also gave me a whole bunch of medicine to take. Almost fainted when I saw the pills !

So I went home, and my breakfast was basically 1/2 a piece of toast bread. Yeah, unbelievable. After that I went to sleep for a while, coz I was too tired. By noon, mom woke me up again and asked me to take some porridge. I took about 1/2 a bowl of porridge. How big was the bowl ? The normal rice bowl. Torture time came for me to take the pills. I took about 1 hour to down all the pills, then went to sleep.

I always wondered whether patients are being deliberately tortured to take pills that are sooooo big. Why can't pills be made into stronger but smaller sizes ? Or have some nice flavours like orange, lime, bacon, chicken, etc instead of being only bitter ? At least then when you're sick and have to take pills, you will enjoy them.

Anyway, I slept until about 8pm, then woke up and had another bowl of porridge. Yep, full rice bowl this time. But it was a bit too much, and I had some leftovers. Again, I had to slowly pace myself while taking the pills. Yes, took me another hour.

I was still purging, and all in all, today I visited the loo 9 times. Now, my tummy already feels like its building up, and I think in another 1/2 hour, I'd have to visit it again. All these visits are making my petpet sore !

The doctor gave me 2 days MC, so hopefully I shall be much better tomorrow, and be more cheerful.

No comments: