Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Popeye's Save For Now !

Mom made the decision yesterday to put Popeye "to sleep" but we had to make a trip to the clinic to sign the consent form. It's for them to cover their backs so that they won't be blamed later if the owner denies giving the consent.

So I tried to rush home after work, but I only reach my house around 6:20pm, and there is no way I can make it to the clinic by 7pm, knowing that Puchong is so jammed up after office hours. Therefore, I told mom that we'd have to ask sis to go sign the form tomorrow on our behalf.

This morning, sis told me that she'll probably keep Popeye there for at least another week to allow the doc to treat him coz when she saw him yesterday afternoon, he was not scratching himself at all. In fact, he was a good boy, sitting quietly in the cage !

Then the Dr. also called late morning today, saying that she has calculated the cost of treating Popeye, to about RM400, but she would like to know whether she can change my mind about euthanizing him, coz she said that his eyes and ears are much better now, and he was not scratching or biting himself at all.

When sis went to the vet, she told them to keep Popeye there for a while, so thanks to my sis, Popeye is still alive and kicking, but still have to stay there for the time being. They will be treating his eyes and ears problem, and will be giving him twice weekly baths with Malasep (I think it's spelt like this) for now.

They will also start treating his skin issues with medicine. Will probably only get to see him this Saturday coz there's no way I can make it from office to Puchong before 7pm. Hope he'll be looking much better, but sis did say that he was the ugliest dog in the clinic !

No comments: