Friday, November 16, 2007

10 Years' Bond

We met 10 years ago in this office. She was a replacement for the secretary who left, and she had this shy smile. Initially we were both rather reserved, but soon we became friends. I got to know about her 2 kids then, and now she already have 6 ! She also told me about her "Abang Joe", whom she loved very much.


We really had a lot of fun together, and we went through a lot together as well. We had a change of boss, went through a round of VSS in 1997 during the economic downturn, had colleagues leaving us and new colleagues joining us.


She is always there for me when I need someone to talk to, someone to advice me, a shoulder to cry on, etc. I am also there for her when she needs me. We have grown close together throughout all these years, becoming the best of friends.


I will always remember her promise to cook "ketam" for me, which she has yet to fulfill. I will also remember "Worm" and "Harpic" for a long long long long time. I will never forget all the "yellow" jokes she likes to crack, and her happy face, especially when she is really enjoying herself during annual dinners or year end gatherings.


I will never forget you, Norma.


1 comment: